top of page

Family Sponsorship

You can sponsor certain relatives to come to Canada if you' re at least 18 years old and a:

- Canadian citizen

- Person registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act or

- Permanent resident of Canada.

You can sponsor your spouse, partner or dependent children to become permanent residents of Canada.

If you do, you must be able to:

- Support them financially

- Make sure they don't need social assistance from the government.

In most cases, there isn't an income requirement to sponsor your spouse or partner or dependent child. You only need to show that you have enough money to meet the income requirements if:

-You' re sponsoring a dependent child that has 1 or more dependent children of their own, or

- You're sponsoring a spouse or partner that has a dependent child, and their dependent child has 1 or more children. 

bottom of page