top of page

Study in Canada

In Canada, each provinces and territory is in charge of their own education system. Each post secondary school has its own set of rules on how to apply, including the level of English or French you need to be accepted.

Provinces and territories approve ( or "designate") schools that can enrol international students. These schools are known as designated learning institutions (DLI)

If you need a study permit, your acceptance letter must be from a DLI. If it isn't, IRCC will refuse the application.

While studying in Canada, you must

- Make progress towards completing your program

- Respect any conditions listed on your study permit

- Stop studying if you no longer meet the requirements

Depending on your case, there may be conditions on your study permit such as

- If you' re allowed to work in Canada

-If you' re allowed to travel within Canada

- The specific date you must leave Canada

- Where you can study ( a specific DLI listed on your permit) 

- Whether you need an immigration medical examination.

The study permit is a document that allows foreign nationals to study at designated learning institutions (DLIs) in Canada. Most foreign nationals need a study permit to stay in Canada. Study permit is not a visa. It doesn't let you enter Canada. You may also need a visitor visa or an electronic travel authorization (eTA).

bottom of page